BBO Discussion Forums: P or 4H - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +

P or 4H

Poll: P or 4H (15 member(s) have cast votes)

P or 4H

1. P (11 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. 4H (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is online   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-September-05, 05:56

hrothgar, on 2023-September-05, 05:03, said:

Late to the table

I'm simply going to repeat one of my standard refrains:

If you want people to pay attention to the results of a simulation then you absolutely need to post the constraints.

If / when I am posting the results of a Sim, I always post code.

In part because I'll sometimes make bad assumptions wrt to the constraints
In part because I'll sometimes make a coding error

I agree Richard and anything worth posting would have been. It was just casual sim I mentioned in passing. Sorry for even mentioning it

I did in fact discuss it's limitations for those who bothered to read. I also explained my reasons for not having the time or motivation to do a professional level analysis and report for what was just a fun response to a social bridge poll

I will not make that mistake again. I never hide from my analysis even the erroneous ones. It's just irrelevant and worth a weeks unnecessary defence and upset and stress in my life when I am dealing so much bad stuff. It's like a DOS

Please don't add to the misrepresentation to any passing ignorati

What would be the point of posting a sim I have repeatedly stated was in error let alone the ones that weren't erroneous but fitted my chosen interpretation of the auction which Mike disagrees with. I don't have time. What would be the point of posting an erroneous sim. What point at all other than to continue a meaningless attack and impress ignoramuses

The suggestion I am hiding anything is defamation enough

Please let's leave it. Please. Among all the upset comments I have more than explained everything repeatedly and I don't like insinuating comments that are damaging

Can we get on with our lives. Do I have your permission

Finally there is a difference between hiding anything and standing up to bullying control and misrepresentation and defamation for 6 years

If anyone reads the thread they would see. I was respectful as always until attacked. I said there were errors so I wasn't worth posting but the attacks continued

I will post details of anything worth posting in future. Anything else qont even be mentioned. So much for having fun with a bidding problem

I do not give in to bullies. If I could block the guy I would

He didn't even ask nicely. He attacked and expected me to respond positively. He needs social skills training. He was insulting and personally and professionally disrespectful too. Why should I have to respond to him ever. If he is respectful in future he will get respect back. He and all of you still have that respect from me. Especially Professional respect. My default position is respect always

Typos courtesy of autocorrect and tiredness and being fed up with another day ruined

I will attempt to ignore future provocation and attacks but always worry about how letting them go appears to the less informed reader. Why do some need to do it

Can I go now. Please

#42 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2023-September-05, 07:12

> What would be the point of posting an erroneous sim

The suggestion is that, in the future, if you are going to post the results of a sim, then you should also post your code.

This provides a good way for folks to understand where the differences are in the different assumptions that they are making.
Alderaan delenda est

#43 User is offline   DavidKok 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-September-05, 07:17

My experience has been the opposite. I posted my simulation results and it sparked a lot of productive discussion, and when prompted by you I included my code. The thread immediately died out and I have yet to hear back from you and others, 5 months after the fact.

#44 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2023-September-05, 07:37

DavidKok, on 2023-September-05, 07:17, said:

I have yet to hear back from you and others, 5 months after the fact.

How often have I posted in the last 5 months?
Alderaan delenda est

#45 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-September-05, 07:44

hrothgar, on 2023-September-05, 07:37, said:

How often have I posted in the last 5 months?

https://www.bridgeba...mputer-answers/

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users