Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New BB$ Store Feedback Thread We're updating the BB$ purchase page on July 16

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-July-10, 05:21

This is the feedback thread to collect comments, feedback, possible issues with the new BB$ Store (BB$ purchase page) which will be released on July 16. You can read the announcement here.

What's changing?

• We'll update the design and layout of the page used to purchase BB$ and set auto-refill options, with a tentative deadline on July 16.
  • Here's the page that will be changed: BB$ Purchase Page
  • Here's the new page coming on July 16: New BB$ Store

We aren't asking you to make a purchase unless you need BB$. However, if you happen to need to refill your account, please give the new BB$ page a go and let us know how that went, if you encountered any issues, if anything is unclear, etc.

If you have problems and need accounting help, please let us know at accounting@bridgebase.com (mention you were using the new BB$ Store) and also post here. Whoever sees it first will help you out.

We appreciate your feedback, comments, suggestions (mostly about usability: Is it clear how to achieve what you came here to do? Did you manage to do what you came here to do? ).

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   sfeldman46 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-August-04, 14:24

BBO keeps rejecting my auto renewal. It accepts the payment, but then when my balance goes below $10 it rejects my auto renew. I called my credit card co. and they are not rejecting the purchase. This problem has been happening within the last month or so but was never a problem in the years I've been using BBO.

I have emailed multiple times, but no one has helped me they just keep sending the same directions to delete and then reenter my payment info which has not fixed the problem.

Can anyone help me?

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-August-05, 01:48

View Postsfeldman46, on 2024-August-04, 14:24, said:

BBO keeps rejecting my auto renewal. It accepts the payment, but then when my balance goes below $10 it rejects my auto renew. I called my credit card co. and they are not rejecting the purchase. This problem has been happening within the last month or so but was never a problem in the years I've been using BBO.

I have emailed multiple times, but no one has helped me they just keep sending the same directions to delete and then reenter my payment info which has not fixed the problem.

Can anyone help me?

Hi,

We see similar reports from other players who are using auto-refill plans. We don't know exactly why the automatic replenishment is rejected, we are still investigating. I'm sorry and I realize this is inconvenient. All I can say right now is that we know and we are investigating. I'll come back here with an update when we have identified and resolved the problem.

So you tried to delete your card and re-add it, and this did not solve the problem?

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-August-10, 09:56

I used the new page for the first time yesterday.
As usual, when I tried to register for a tournament I was advised about insufficient BB$ and I clicked the link to purchase more. Now I had to login again, including supply of password, before I could select the amount etc. This did not happen previously (as I recall) and it was an irritation with only a minute to go before the tournament started.
No idea if it was due to the new page, the new login retention logic or something else.
If it's intended and retained necessary for some reason then no big deal.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-August-15, 15:46

I'm certain the double login happened previously. There's no session information shared between the BBO application and the BB$ purchase application.

#6 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2024-August-17, 15:28

View Postbarmar, on 2024-August-15, 15:46, said:

I'm certain the double login happened previously. There's no session information shared between the BBO application and the BB$ purchase application.

I may be wrong, but I have a strong feeling that in past I only needed a confirm (with the nickname correctly precompiled and the memorized password provided by Chrome).
Will check and report the next time (with your current price policy will not be long)

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2024-August-21, 15:40

Oh, you're talking about the browser's autofill of the login page. I thought you meant it was skipping the login page entirely.

I just tried the new store (I don't normally have occasion to use it, since I get BB$ for free). It autofilled my username and password as expected.

When it links to the store, does the URL begin with `http:` or `https:`? It should be the latter, and browsers generally disable password autofill for the former.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2024-August-21, 15:42

I've found that on some websites, the browser doesn't autofill until I click into the username or password field. This happens on my bank's website, for instance. I'm not sure what causes this difference.

And it doesn't happen (for me) on the new BBO Store. It filled in immediately when the page opened.

#9 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2024-August-22, 15:06

Will check the next time I need it (not as soon as you would like because I have a lot of f2f play opportunities right now).

#10 User is offline   fetush 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-August-23, 13:12

At the moment the new BB$ is pretty much useless. It’s not possible to enter a credit card number or cvn. Those fields do not let you type anything do you can’t enter a credit card.
It’s the same on all browsers.

#11 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2024-August-23, 15:53

fetush, on 2024-August-23, 13:12, said:

At the moment the new BB$ is pretty much useless. It’s not possible to enter a credit card number or cvn. Those fields do not let you type anything do you can’t enter a credit card.
It’s the same on all browsers.

This was fixed Friday morning.

#12 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2024-August-31, 14:43

View Postpescetom, on 2024-August-22, 15:06, said:

Will check the next time I need it (not as soon as you would like because I have a lot of f2f play opportunities right now).

Your lucky night, and it did autofill correctly... so maybe a confirm or two more than before, but no real problem.
I always thought it was the most efficient bit of BBO, who knows why :)

PS. there was maybe a glitch though...
As usual I had been invited to pay up when I signed up for a tournament, but after paying up successfully the tournament started without me. Could just be that I was absent at start (I was away for maybe half a minute but was still at the Tournaments List when I got back), but my hunch is that I was not signed up for some reason. I can give you the details if needed.

#13 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2024-September-03, 12:38

View Postpescetom, on 2024-August-31, 14:43, said:

As usual I had been invited to pay up when I signed up for a tournament, but after paying up successfully the tournament started without me. Could just be that I was absent at start (I was away for maybe half a minute but was still at the Tournaments List when I got back), but my hunch is that I was not signed up for some reason. I can give you the details if needed.

Send me the date and time and I'll check the logs.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users