BBO Discussion Forums: Advertising on App crashing programme - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advertising on App crashing programme

#1 User is offline   mesurina 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-September-13, 03:36

I regularly play on BBO using the App on an Ipad. Recently you started to allow full screen ads to run at the end of a tournament - not a decision to improves the user expereince. Most of the ads allow you to close them after a few seconds. However there are some ads that "take over" and for many minutes before you can close them and some effectively crash the programme as you have to close the app to get rid of them. The offending advertisers include Royal Kingdom, Hungry Studio, Block Blast.

This makes the App unusable and I now have to access BBO through the browser. I appreciate that this is only marginally less convenient but it is sad that the app is no longer usable.

#2 User is online   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2024-September-13, 06:18

I am experiencing the same problem during group sessions with players using iPads.

I understand there is the option to play a fee game which will disable adds. How long are the adds disabled ?

Can members be given the option of making a donation to disable adds?
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users