• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No trump stuff

#41 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-01, 00:10

That cue bidding consideration is really thoughtful. I like rightsiding those GI 5+ spades, too.

It occurred to me that 1N-2C, 2M-3C could be a weak 4M/6D hand. I don't really like that but I thought I'd throw it out there. Also, if we knew
for sure that opener would choose spades first, one would have a better percentage of playing the 2-level with 4S/6D than 4H/6D.

What do you do after a super-accept of a major? I've noticed that if 1N-2D, 2S were the only super-accept for hearts that one could stay on track, but there isn't room after 1N-2H, 2N.

There's still room for stuff. One could self-splinter hearts after 1N-2D, 2H-2S, 2N-3S. One could splinter hearts after 1N-2C, 2H-3N if 3C were just GF with 4OM. For me this isn't worth the memory load.

If 1N-2C, 2M-3C is slam interest balanced with 4OM, I'm not really sure what 1N-2S, 3C-3H (agreeing hearts), 3S or 3N should mean. Cues for what? Same question for 1N-2C, 2H-3C, 3S (agreeing spades). 3N is what?

How do you like using Puppet Stayman only when balanced and holding a 3-cd major? I think it's a lot better.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users